The 14 key principles that will allow you to be a working actor
How to set career goals you'll actually achieve
How to define your type so you can book more work
How to take the perfect headshot
How to properly format your resume to book more work and not look like a novice
How to create an epic demo reel
How to build an actor website without spending a ton of time or money
The four keys to master social media
How to make the ideal business card and email signature
Table of Contents
Here's the full menu of knowledge (so far) you'll get access to! Sections added regularly.
We are actors, we love actors, and we want there to be more actors.
So, we put together all the information, resources, guides, and lessons we wish we'd had when we first moved to LA.
This is the "shortcut" that would have saved us thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars.
Most actors spend years spinning their wheels, unsure what to do, trying to get agents, not knowing how to book TV gigs, and feeling frustrated at how different showbusiness is than what we experienced in high school or college.
But it doesn't need to be that way.
We're committed to demystifying Hollywood, and giving you exactly what you need to be a working actor.
More than anything we care about our community of fellow artists, and are committed to dramatically expanding the number of working actors. We believe that the more empathetic, creative, loving humans there are out in the world creating art, the better off this planet will be.
It's also worth noting that even though we're artists at our core, we were both born with that nerdy/business-minded side of our brains. We have learned a thing or two about marketing, networking, making money, and how to navigate the business side of showbiz—so that you don't have to.
Our wish for you is the life and career of your dreams. But more than anything that you enjoy the journey.
Ultimately this is about being a successful, happy person—not just about getting auditions.
You're just a click away from 20,000 words (that's a freaking 70-page book) of the very best content, based on decades of experience in the industry... for FREE!
AJ Meijer, Host of Inside Acting Podcast
We're Actors Too!
- ✅ Working actor in LA (IMDb)
- ✅ Professional business/mindset coach
- ✅ Serial entrepreneur (his first company saved college students $30 milion)
- ✅ SAG-AFTRA Board Member & Chair of NextGen Performers
- ✅ Co-Founder LA Actors Tweetup
- ✅ Co-created and taught graduate class at UCLA on social media and the business of showbiz
- ✅ Champion sheep and dairy cow showman #TrueStory
- ✅ Actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- ✅ Certified mindset coach
- ✅ Senior level marketing manager for a $500 million company
- ✅ Founding member & former communications director of Coeurage Theatre Company
- ✅ Launched a New York Times best seller (didn't write it)
- ✅ Started and ran successful web design firm
- ✅ Sings opera while juggling